Thursday, January 5, 2012

Epic Fail

I was reading a friends blog this morning and I thought it was interesting how it talked about last years goals and if they were accomplished. Then I remembered that I blogged about a random idea I had for my 2011 resolution. You can read about it here. Let me summarize what happened when it came to living on beans and rice. I didn't. I do however believe I made smarter choices about not traveling as much and trying to live within my means. I've been able to double my credit card payments so that's helpful. Now that 2012 is here, I think I'll carry on this money saving attitude because it's going to be a big year. I'd love it if I could pay my card off this year. I've dedicated my tax return (if I get one) to put towards my card. Once that's paid off, the only debt I'll have is student loans. Those aren't going to vanish anytime soon so I'll accept them but push hard to get them paid off quickly. Let me tell you this, saving money is not my 2012 resolution. I've been bad with money all my life so this needs to be a lifestyle change. I will carry this throughout my years and pass on some good money management tips to the children. (Once they come along.)

The real question is do I have a resolution for 2012? Not really, I'm just going to keep on trucking and make some small goals I'd like to reach.

BBBBUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I am hoping for one thing in 2012..........

A RING

4 comments:

  1. One of my goals for 2012 is for you to get a ring too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha, we all fall down on some things.

    I haven't quite figured out the plan yet (we're still paying off our card too), but you might reconsider paying off the student loans. If they are low-interest, government back loans (mine are, not sure about yours), it's sometimes better in the long haul to invest that extra cash in retirement accounts. Unless the interest rate on the school loans is high, it's not costing you too much to carry them, and the cash would mature nicely over 40 years. Just something to consider. I haven't done all my research yet, so don't take my word as gospel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are working so hard to live within your means! I am proud of you. It's hard at first but then it does become a lifestyle! You can do it friend. Nobody I know deserves to be happier than you so I hope you get that sparkle as well.....he better wake up and see what an amazing lady he has or some other man might hold it up to you and wisk you away!!! KLO

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bf pretty read this post...found your blog thru Nicole!

    ReplyDelete