Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 is going to be WILD

Happy Friday Friends!

I am still coming to terms that we've finally reach the year that the Mayan calendar ends. Here's a plus if this does happen...all debt will be wiped away and forgotten. Haha!

*Side note: I don't believe that the world will end because the Mayans said so. I'm a firm believer that the world will end when God says so!*

Now what does 2012 have in store for me? I've decided to do the unthinkable, I'm going back to school. Wait, wait before you say "you fool, you're always bitching about your student loans. Why would you go back to school?" My choice to go back to school has nothing to do with earning a degree or diving further into debt. It happens that the class I'm taking is offered through the local Technical College and it's one semester. I know you're in suspense on what the heck I'm doing, well I'm pleased to announce that I'm going to become and EMT. WOOHOO! Let me break this down a little more on why I've decided to do this. I am now a faithful member of Search and Rescue and I have enjoyed everything we've done so far. SAR is constantly looking for EMTs to be apart of the team because as a volunteer organization, not everyone responds to our code red call outs. The first few meetings I attended our lead EMT talked about how the tech school offers the EMT course. I was interested however there was NO WAY I would pay to take the class. That's when my fear of being in further debt took over my aspiration to become an EMT. After a few months and with one other woman interested in participating in the course, the sheriff's office decided to pay for the class. SAWEEETTTT!

No turning back now, I'm enrolled in the class. Here are things that have crossed my mind:

~NEW SCHOOL SUPPLIES...love them (I am bummed the MSU bookstore has failed me and discontinued carrying left-handed notebooks)
~Can I balance a full time job and school?
~Good bye social life
~Classes will be long: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 6-10pm
~What about my workout schedule?
~Am I smart enough to remember all the arteries?
~What about cooking dinner for Lane Frost?

After I'm finished with the class I am required to be a member of SAR for at least one full year. Not a problem.

I would like to say this, I'm not quitting my job after I become an EMT. I love my job! However, I do work for a company contracted by the government and most of you are aware of the budget crisis that keeps going and going and going...that plays a major roll in my job. If they cut our funding adios working. As an added benefit, having my EMT license will allow me to having something to fall back on if necessary.

On January 23rd I will step foot back on campus sporting my Timbuk2 back pack full of new pens and note cards. I'm hoping for a fresh mind that is ready to learn and absorb all the information that is to come. Wish me luck!

Other reasons 2012 is going to be wild:
~One of my dear friends is getting married and I'm super excited to be apart of her BIG day
~Many of my other friends are also tying the knot...YAY!!!!
~New house=garden
~Signing up for more races
~Getting out of cc debt
~Lane Frost is going to be 30!!
~Sissy-poo is graduating college...FINALLY!

Here's to the new year and many new adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Yahoooo! Im excited for you to take this class-you will do great!

    ReplyDelete