Monday, January 23, 2012

I just don't know how they do it!

My Sunday's are dedicated to house work, laundry, grocery shopping and cooking. Often I find myself doing 10 things at once wondering if Lane even knows that I have scrubbed toilets every week and he hasn't. I think, this boy would be lost without me. He'd have no clean clothes, good food to eat or not have to worry about vacuuming. This is when I can get a little crabby so I say to myself "chose your battles." Lane isn't the person who walks in the house and says "wow, it sure looks clean in here." He does thank me for dinner so that's a plus. I started laundry on Saturday this past weekend and did cleaning intermittently between watching X-Men 2. It was yesterday that I really had a rude awakening. I was off to clean the cat box, laundry was going, the grocery list was made and Lane was at work. All of a sudden I thought of every single one of my friends that have children. There I was, secretly hating life because of all the chores I had, but I don't have one thing...kids running around needing supervision, making a tornado after you just cleaned up the last one. Doubling your laundry, crying, fighting, and Lord knows everything else they do.

Please forgive me friends for failing to give you more support. So for all of my friends with children and all other mothers of the world....

MORE POWER TO YOU!!!
Keep up the good work!!
I think you are all amazing!

And as an added bonus, maybe some day you can point your finger at me and say "see, I told you so!"

Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! This is very true, kids are like tornadoes but wouldn't change a thing! The best time to do these chores are when they are sleeping :)

    ReplyDelete