Thursday, January 27, 2011

They giveth and then they taketh

What the heck is up with this post? Giveth, taketh? Is this about Jesus? No my friends, this is not about Jesus but it is about someone who pretends to be "Ruler of All." Drum roll please.....It's the IRS! Yep, it's tax time and every year we scramble to get our tax returns in as quickly as possible hoping to use our money wisely when we get it back but mostly end up spending it on "important" things such as new pants. Believe it or not, every year I complain about the small amount of money I get in return for forking out thousands of dollars throughout the year. When filing my taxes this year, I would go through and answer the questions (because I love Turbo Tax,) and it seems that by not being married, having children or being Native American I'm getting the short end of the stick. Also, it caps your student loan write off at $2,500 and for some reason, I paid more than that. This student loan thing is kicking my butt! Anyways, I had to swallow my pride when I realized I should be grateful I actually get something back. It seems that more and more people are having to pay taxes each year. I have my personal reasons why but I don't want to hurt any feelings. With this all said, I am thankful for my return and look forward to putting it towards my credit card debt! YAHOO for being a grown up.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. We were hoping for a big return; the "you got married!" refund. Instead... it's about what we've gotten in the past. Shoot. But yes, not having to fork over savings to PAY taxes is better than the alternative...

    ReplyDelete