Monday, January 3, 2011

Willingly dying every Monday and Wednesday

If you have been following my blog for a while, you'll remember that I've been working on becoming physically fit. Boy, has this been a journey! I'm still not at my personal goal but I know I've improved greatly on what I can do at the gym. In January of last year, my friend and I signed up for Boot Camp for the first time. I remember thinking I have never sweated this much in my life and I might die. After seeing results in one month I decided to stick with this class. In the past year, I have not been able to attend three months and during those months, I lost motivation to "hit the gym." I have developed some great relationships with the people I workout with and I really appreciate how much they encourage each person to push harder. Here's how it goes; at the start of each month we take a test that includes various exercises and then take the same test at the end of the month. This allows us to see the progress we've made in three weeks time. I admit, it's nice to see that you can improve in only three weeks but those three weeks seem to come very quickly. During the other classes every workout is different. The changes in the exercises really helps you not get bored (if that's possible at a gym.) Sometimes it's a mind game because I feel like it's my first time working out. My body will shut down and resist every burpie, pushup, or stair lap that I attempt. Yesterday was the first Boot Camp of the 2011! You would think now that I'm in better shape, this would be getting easier. NOPE! I still have numerous days that I could possibly vomit during or after the workout and yesterday was one of them. I am also convinced that our instructors are making each month harder than the last. Mind you, I'm not complaining because without these wonderful ladies, I wouldn't have lost as much weight or even had the support to push myself physically. I willingly sign up for this class each month and I truly enjoy wiping off the sweat and burning all the calories. The issues with the class?
1. I don't think El Jefe enjoys me coming back to the office so stinky. Thank goodness for body spray!
2. I now hate the song "Imma Be" because of the death squats we do during the entire song.
3. BURPIES! If you don't know what these are, you're very lucky and please don't ask because I hate, hate, hate them. Yet we basically do them every class...humm? Oh, there are various types of burpies and yes, I hate all of them!
4. I also am not a fan of frog jumps and inch worms. It's embarrassing to see my body attempt these "exercises."
That's all! I'm sure there are days that I hate suicides or chariots but I'd rather do those then burpies. My goal this month is to shave three minutes off my testing time. Meaning, I have got to PUSH IT! I'm vomiting already.

1 comment:

  1. I am in TOTAL agreement! My goal is to be under 30 minutes....

    ReplyDelete