Monday, January 10, 2011

Irritation

Lately I have had some mood issues. I think it's because of the gloomy weather and the lack of warm sun that I am getting on my face. I have become grumpy over the strangest things that wouldn't bother other people. Here are the current thorns in my side:
Snow plows: Yes, they provide a good service for clearing the snow drifts. I just hate the fact that I will spend time to clear off the driveway at work and then I'll come inside sit down, thaw out and watch those gosh darn trucks drive by not once but twice pushing snow back into the driveway. Giving them the stink eye has not helped.
Hunger: Have you heard of the term "hollow leg?" My dad used to say to us "you got a hollow leg or something" when we would eat a lot at dinner. Lately I've had a major hollow leg. I'm really trying to eat healthy but my brain thinks life is over unless I have some sugar. For example, yesterday, I ate good until I wanted bread pudding. I couldn't just sit there dreaming about bread pudding. I got up, drove to the store, got some bread pudding and ice cream, came home ate it and was satisfied. That bread pudding had 300 calories in it! That's some intense working out that will need to happen in order to keep that from going to my hips. Now I want cupcakes. Mom, I'm not pregnant so breathe!
Farming: I know, no farms no food. Lord knows I need food but sometimes I need my boyfriend more. He is working midnight until noon or later, comes home sleeps until 11:30ish then goes to work. Leaving me to seeing him awake every now and then. It is difficult to see him but not get to talk or hang out. The worst part? It's only been one week and not even 1/2 of the calves have been born.
Living in an apartment: I'm so tired of my neighbors playing their music loudly. I don't even know who lives there, people are always coming and going. Shayne, Sarah and I can't decided if they are selling drugs or running a prostitution ring. Poor Sarah shares a wall with them and has been an ear-witness to some domestic disturbances. I am ready to have house!
Energy, or lack there of: Working out is supposed to boost your energy making you feel better throughout the day. Not in my case, I've been so sleepy and I feel bad because Shayne is working his tail off and not getting enough sleep and I do nothing and can't seem to ever wake up.
Treadmills: I hate running on a treadmill. Why is it so simple to hit the stop button and walk away? Example, last Tuesday I ran a mile in 7:30 (AMAZING TIME) then hit stop and walked away. Basically I gave up! It's just soooo boring....

I'm trying to develop a plan to help my moods become more positive. I will continue my exercise to increase the endorphins in my brain. I might bust out the added perk of tanning with my gym membership. (Mom, I promise I won't get melanoma! If I do, I hope you'll still love me!) I think it's all mind over matter. I just need to build a bridge and GET OVER IT!

On a lighter note, I'm attempting to start my half marathon training again. My friend D is doing it to and I think she has a lot more motivation than I do and she's rocking the house!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Friend...you are funny. You are doing great! You have motivation too!! No worries...wednesday night is another 3 miles!!! :D

    ReplyDelete