Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Starting Over

I've changed my mind. I haven't loved running so far, thus I decided to post-pone the half marathon in July. I want to learn how to love running and enjoy every minute of it. After my second race on Sunday, I decided to start all over. My new goal is to run the Mesa Falls half marathon at the end of August. It seems like a tough course, but I have 11 weeks to prepare. Tonight marks day one (yet again) and this time, I hope to succeed.

On another note, I've officially lost 30 pounds!!! I would like to lose a lot more, and it's my goal by the end of the summer to be another 20 pounds lighter. I need to work harder because I have lost some ambition to eat healthy and I have to get that back. Summer is here and it's time to be more active! I need to see how long it takes to ride my bike to work along with finding the safest route. I'd like to do that on Tuesday's and Thursday's so let's pray for warm weather!!

Here's a picture of Dad and I after the Lewis and Clark 5k this past Sunday. I'm so thankful that he's my dad because he was encouraging and ran with me the entire time. (I'm sorry you had to be last, I'm working on being faster.) YAY DAD!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you friend! P.S., love the new background! I tried changing mine around, but am still not in love with it...I'll just have to keep looking. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete