Thursday, June 17, 2010

Heat Wave

I don't want you to get your hopes up because this is not the heat wave that involves 90 degree weather, bright sunny days and cool refreshing drinks. This heat wave involves crying, an open window and a constant need for affection. How is this a heat wave? Well here's why:

This is my kitty Dee. We adopted her from Shayne's parents farm and she is such a girl. She only like to be held by Shayne or I, she hates our roommate Sarah and loves attention all the time. When the time came for vaccinations for the cats, (I'll introduce you to Charles in a moment) we could only afford to have on of them fixed. Charlie was cheaper and we wanted to prevent him from peeing on everything. SNIP! The vet warned us about Dee coming into heat and how it would be annoying and all she would do was cry. We shrugged it off and thought we could deal with it.

It started this week. Dee's hunt for the perfect "man" who wanted to father her children. I cannot believe how OBNOXIOUS she is. All she does is cry and cry telling us how miserable she is and how she needs to go outside.

It was only the first night and Shayne and I were thinking about letting her out and we'd just have to get rid of the kittens once they were born. Then we remember she was born in the wild and loves it. She'd never come home and we would miss her so she's stuck inside. I had to go outside for a second and we had the bathroom door open so she could look out and this is what was happening: Do you see her little paw trying to claw her way out of the window?

She was focusing on find her boyfriend. I kept asking her if she had found him yet and she would just cry. At 4 am Dee woke me up with her mating call and I was SO GRUMPY! I picked her and Charlie up and threw them out of the bedroom. They sat by the door the rest of the night trying to get back in. This is when I have anger towards Shayne. He doesn't wake up to anything. I could yell and he'll still stay asleep. Grrrr....

Anyways, I figured out if we left the bathroom window open all night she'll just sit there and be quiet. What a relief! I only had to deal with it for a few nights because I'm house sitting this week, far far away from Dee! I'm hoping the poor girl is over this soon because I can only imagine being that excited for lovin' and not getting any is very hard to deal with.

All you have to do is watch the first little segment of this clip and that's why we decided to give that name to our cat, Charlie.

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/sunny/85240005001

Charlie or Charles, it depends if he's in trouble what name we call him. Charlie was also rescued from a farm, and I hand picked him out. It was love at first sight. A cute little gray kitten who loved to be held and slept next to me every night. He does have issues though! He really doesn't understand the concept of bathing himself. When we first got him, we had to bath him ourselves because he was stinky! Now we realize how that developed more issues that don't need to be mentioned. Anyways, now that Charlie has grown to be the size of a small lion, he struts around the house as if he owns the place. He isn't affectionate anymore, he pretends that he wants to be petted or held then he attacks you!

Case and point, this is what he does to Dee:

Yep, just goes and sits right on top of her. He's not a light kitty! He's actually on a diet because he's getting that skin that hangs down. SICK!

I have many stories about our cats, but I fear that I've become the "cat lady" because that's all I talk about. I will spare you the boredom and just sum it up with this: I'M SAVING UP TO GET DEE FIXED! I will not go through this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment