Monday, August 20, 2012

Music causes memories

I was mowing the lawn yesterday and listening to some sweet tunes. All of a sudden a song came on and it made me smile because it brought back a flood of fun memories. I find that a lot of my "life moments" can be summed up by songs. As I continued my domestic duties for the day, I listened to multiple songs that reminded me of some really fun times in my life. So, for this Manic Monday, I thought I would share some songs that always bring back a flood of memories.

1. P!nk "So What"
After starting a rowdy night at N's house we hopped in Tina and headed to a classy biker bar here in I.F. We BLASTED this song the entire way there. It was a night to remember because we all made super smart choices.

2. 50 Cent "Magic Stick"
Basically summer of 2003 I spent at the #5 apartment and this was a great theme song.

3. Huey "Pop Lock and Drop It"
My little sister and I sat at my first apartment in I.F. listening to this song on repeat just so I could learn the words.

4. Wilson Pickett "Mustang Sally"
D and I headed up to Bozeman with Lane Frost and her hubby. This was prior to both of us being in love with our men but when we decided to show them the town, we headed to greatest bar where D and I proceeded to get crazy and dance like no one was watching when they played this song.

5. George Strait "Amarillo By Morning"
I danced with a friend who has since passed so this song reminds me of him.

6. OutKast "I Like the Way You Move"
Back in the AOII days, my friend P was having a Rock Star night and was singing this song. I remember it so vividly when she was dancing with her hands. A-MAZ-ING

7. 50 Cent "Just a Lil Bit"
Oh JB (now JS) and I would rap this song together. Haha! Just two white girls getting in touch with our inner hoochy.

8. Ace of Base "I Saw the Sign"
My BFF and I have been friends for 24 years now and we used to sing this song while chewing watermelon bubble gum and riding up the chair lift at Bridger Bowl. We'd close our eyes and open them up really big when it says "I open up my eyes..."

9. Dan Seals "Bop"
Just a song that reminds me of an old old flame. We used to two-step to this song.

10. Mr. Big "To be with You"
I think this song came out when I was in 6th grade. There were the "cool kids" who sat in the back of the bus. They carried their tape decks and would play this song on the ride home. I just wanted to be as cool as them.

There are so many song memories locked away in my head. I only gave you a small amount but when writing this blog I laughed so much just remembering these moments. Do you have any specific songs that make memories come flooding back? If so, let me know what they are. I'm anxious to hear what songs have shaped your lives.

Have a great Monday friends!

6 comments:

  1. I too have Magic Stick as one of my songs. It was the first time I ever made out with someone in college and we were making out to that in the hall.

    Scar Tissue-Terri, Kalli and I snuck up to Goosetown in Anaconda and we bought the Red Hot Chilli Peppers Cd and listened to that the whole way there.

    Gonna Take a lot of River-Boating with my family, it was on our boat tape.

    The Reason-Hoobstank, it was the song I needed to hear when I realized that I could do and be better.

    Bittersweet Symphony-The Verve-my favorite song and the song I walked down the isle to at my wedding.

    Are you that someone-Aalyiah-We used to cruise in my friend Amanda's car. She has passed on as well and it always makes me smile thinking of it.

    Lollipop. My coach liked 50 & 60's music to warm up with for volleyball. We always started off to this song running out-FIERCE-running out to Lollipop.

    Someone to give my Love to-Tracy Byrd-reminds me of my mom, she used to sing it to our kitties all the time when we were little.

    Cyclone-Amity and I would spin and spin and spin during this song.

    Get Low-Terri bending over to the floor and touching her toes.

    Those are some of mine. :)

    Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have some great songs on your list as well!

      Delete
  2. Yours made me giggle. I love most of those songs on your list and have a memory with them as well. I love your little blogs! KLO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol friend! That was a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a GREAT night friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicki Manaj, Stupid Hoe! ;)

    ReplyDelete