Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Aliyah

This blog is short and sweet but it is about my little sister, Aliyah. That's really not her name but for some reason my older sister and I call her that. I think we made it her fake middle name. (None of us have middle names, so we just made them up. I'm not telling you mine...it's embarrassing.) So, Aliyah is rocking out a new philosophy for life and you should all check out her blog because she's amazing and could use some added support. One of her goals was to give up sweets for a week and she was successful. The success has kept going and she is now on week two with no sugar. That's crazy if you ask me. She challenged people to try giving up sweets for a week. I said I would but it needed to wait until after my birthday. After all, I NEEDED to have a VAST amount of sugar the ENTIRE week. I held up my end of the deal and stopped eating sugar on Monday. I honestly had withdraws by Monday afternoon causing me to be a little loopy. That is a sign that I consume way too much sugar. Today is day three and it's not getting any easier but I must say I am proud that I have not given into the cravings. As the week progresses, I'm hoping my desire subsides and I can try two weeks without sugar. My challenge, you should try it too.

2 comments: