Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I do NOT live in Kansas

I am very frustrated with Mother Nature right now. I don't know what her problem is? I think she is PMSing but gosh, it's been over a week. Seriously, there is an issue here in Idaho that is causing me to want to pull my hair out. The issue is W-I-N-D!!! This isn't your typical breeze that helps you stay cool on a nice summer day. This is 50 mph wind gusts that blow dust in your eyes, fling deadly pine cones at your head, make your car swerve and overall makes it miserable to be outside. In the last month, we have had one day with no wind and I took full advantage of it. I went for a nice 10 mile run and even got sun burned! It brightened my mood three-fold. Don't worry the wind came back the next day and even more powerful. Sigh! I would like to run outside and I see the diehards running by my office everyday but I'm not a diehard. I wimp out when I know I'll be fighting the wind if I run outside. I think it just angers me that my pace slows down when the wind blows. Last night I decided to change my mood and try running in the wind. It was okay but I kept my head down most of the time but pushing onward with my legs. I keep thinking in one week from Saturday when I run my race, I bet it'll be windy! Ugh!

Want to know the best part? It's not windy today! Well, not yet.

2 comments:

  1. Wind IS the bane of my existence when it comes to exercising outdoors. Or driving. I HATE driving in the wind. but trying to bike ride or run in the wind suuuuucckkks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the wind SUCKS...believe me friend, I know about the wind where I live!

    ReplyDelete