Thursday, June 28, 2012

Trippin'

I've been uber busy my friends. Honestly I must admit, I still could have made time to blog. When I got back from Cape Cod, I had one week to get ready for one of our most intense trainings that our company puts on. We had so much to do. I had a lot of materials to ship and next thing I know it was time for me to fly to Denver. This time we headed to Boulder, Colorado for a week of training a variety of people who are involved with HazMat in some way. Due to the intensity of this class, I really don't mingle with anyone because they have homework and to be frank, I have no idea how to calculate the half live of cobalt-60. Unfortunately I was sick the first day and it was miserable. I contracted some sinus thing after suffering from allergies for the past few weeks. After that I felt better. The weather was a-maz-ing! We were located near the Boulder Reservoir and I just wanted to go sit on the beach to soak up some much needed sun. Work must come before play time. When Friday rolled around, class was out at 11:30am and my flight didn't leave until 10pm. Go figure...who booked that? HAHA! I did make a plan though. Most of you don't know this but I was born in Denver and spent a lot of summers visiting family and chillin' like a villin'. I had two ideas on how to kill my time. 1. Water World or 2. Denver Zoo. Because the water park seemed a bit more expensive and required more time, I opted for the zoo. To be honest, I just wanted to go to the zoo. Dad was once a snake handler there so I had to check out the old stomping grounds. Well my friends, not much has changed. I went with another man I work with and we proceeded to name most of the animals and question why random birds were placed with exotic deer or even the cape buffalo. Here are some random things that were discussed and then some pictures.
1. Birth control: yep I typed that...the children there were crazy psychos who should have been caged.
2. Max: the rubber tree my parents donated to the bird house.
3. The lack of "natural habitat" the animals had.
4. Why there were a lot of bunnies in with the gorillas...I mean a lot of bunnies!!
5. Multiple "I remember this"
6. The smell
7. Why they thought it was a good idea to have hundreds of "kissing bugs" when they are extremely deadly.

And a lot more randomness but it's a little boring so I'll show you all some pictures.


 Yes...Mark is SUPER tall!
 I however, am not that tall. I would lose my battle with a polar bear.
And lastly, here's a video of my inability to jump.
So there you go. My exciting adventure to the Denver Zoo.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea about any of this! I didn't know you went to the zoo-those are my favorite!!! And Mark is freakishly tall-holy smokes! I'm glad you were able to go visit your old stomping grounds...what a fun story!

    ReplyDelete