Monday, February 14, 2011

Mi Amore

Ahhhhh....it's Valentines Day. I believe at one point in our lives we have all hated this day. Some still might hate it but I myself really enjoy this day. Not only because I have an amazing boyfriend but also because I have an amazing family that makes me feel loved. I decided to dedicate this post to my love. Shayner and I met at a super bowl party four years ago and I'll never forget when he walked in and said howdy. Then he mentioned how he was already a little "tuned up" because he had been over at Holly's for a party. The cutie with a truck had a girlfriend. Bummer! During that time, I didn't have my car and D had dropped me off. I used my skills to con Shayne on giving me a ride home because it was on his way. When I got back to my apartment, I told D how cute Shayne was and how I wanted to see him again. The problem? I didn't have the guts to ask him for his number and we had only know each other for less than 5 hours. The next day at work, my friend who introduced me to Shayne asked me what I thought and I said he was nice and asked if I could have his number. Yep folks, I asked for his number! Later that week D rented Transformers and got us a bottle of the finest cheap wine that she could find. After falling in love with Optimus Prime and finishing the bottle of wine, I was ready to text Shayne. Nothing like a little liquid courage to charm the pants off a stranger. I fully believe that I freaked this boy out! I spelled his name wrong, I was d-runk texting, I got his number from his friend...what else....oh yeah, he really didn't know me. Then there was Holly...I had forgotten about her. Smooth move! Obviously I didn't scare him off to much because he joined D and I during our "romantic" Valentines dinner at Applebees. That night was priceless, if it wasn't strange enough to have dinner with two strangers we both piled into his truck and headed to the farm to see the baby cows. One problem...I had to pee soooo bad and being from Montana I wasn't afraid to pop-a-squat anywhere. So I did, right next to the hay stack because I couldn't wait. Oh goodness! I think that Holly had the upper hand in this situation. I'm sure she was a little more composed but it didn't matter because he was hanging out with D and I for the love day. WOOHOO! After that night, I feel like Shayne and I started developing a friendship that was slow going. I tell you what folks, this guy moves at his own pace and it's not as fast as I expected. Many hours on the phone, conversations on the couch and random visits to the farm I still was trying to figure this guy out. He didn't seem to care about going out, he just wanted to work. Every day, wake up, work, go to bed. That was his schedule and I was baffled. After all, I had just graduated college and still trying to adjust to not having a the same social life I did in Montana. As time went on, I only felt it was fair to ask about Holly. Shayne was very confused when I asked who Holly was. I reminded him about super bowl Sunday and he had just gone to Holly's party. He started laughing (and still laughs to this day) because Holly isn't a girl. Holly is the last name of a farmer friend. The Holly's have a huge super bowl party every year and that's where he had been. Not at some girls house who was tall blonde with big boobs, it was a shop that houses tractors and smells of oil. That was his "girlfriend." I was WAY off but I must admit, some weight was lifted off my shoulders. I felt like I was trying so hard to get this boy to date me and it was just a lost cause. He was so engaged in his work that he wasn't even remotely interested in having a girlfriend. I have never known someone that picks work over a social life. I am glad that he was able to meet P and N because P had some common interests and that helped Shayne come out of his shell a little. Soon enough P and Shayne we Ricky Bobby and Cal always hanging out. There are many memories between the four of us and how we made the best of our time together in Idaho. Still, Shayne and I were not dating....grrrrr.....I had almost had enough of this business when Shayne finally asked me out at the end of December. YAHOO! I'd like to say that it's been amazing these last few years with Shayne but that would be a lie. Like every relationship we have both worked very hard to make it through some rough patches. We come from two different backgrounds and he still worked all the time. Through all the stress we have experienced and emotions that have come out, I have really learned to respect and love this man. He has been nothing but honest with me the entire time, it was hard to believe him but he was right. I really look forward to our future and I am so glad we've pushed through everything. I love this man to the mOoN and back!

Have a great Valentines Day and don't forget to tell at least one person that you love them.

I just had to add this picture of the kitties because they are a large part of our life as well. Plus Charlie is showing his true colors!

2 comments:

  1. I love your story. I have so many e-mails of you talking about him not making a move or wondering what he was thinking. I am glad you are so happy Celeste. Your blogs always make me smile. I would blog about my V-Day with Mr. J, but it's inappropriate lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, great blog, friend! That Shayner sure is one-of-a-kind....he and Ricky Bobby need to have a reunion!

    ReplyDelete