Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The South

Does growing up in Montana qualify as living a sheltered life? I thought I was exposed to a lot of diversity growing up and going on mission trips. Unfortunately I wasn't exposed to "the south." People of the world, it is an entire different place down here. First let me clear something up, I'm talking South Carolina here. I've been to Georgia and had a totally different experience. Well these crazies here in SC are, well, crazy. Maybe crazy isn't the correct description but sometimes the words don't explain the situation. Here is what I have decided after only being here for 2 days...yep, only two days.

  1. When someone calls you nice lady then says "oh if you're not a nice lady what are you? An ass-hole?" they have no filter
  2. If you are entering a food coma from some delicious fresh seafood and state out loud you are tired, expect someone to make an inappropriate comment like "well if you fall asleep you won't put up a fight"
  3. Asking for people to please hand in their student forms is being bossy
  4. Not providing free swag automatically makes me a tight ass
  5. Having a company card means I should pay for everything
  6. You might just be walking from one place to another when that obviously is the perfect time for one to shout "let me show you some good southern lovin'" 
  7. Everyone is ALWAYS right and you are wrong
  8. Damn Yankees
  9. Expect extreme racism...shocking amounts
  10. Your neck and eyes will hurt from the excessive shaking and rolling they will do
On a more positive note, I did get to experience this beautiful sunset while sipping on a cold brewski. Trying to stay positive for a few more days. Even my tough skin has been beaten down this week.

Have a good Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Omg friend...that's out of control!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you ended in a positive as you so often do. You always find the best in each situation, just take in the beauty of your location and appreciate home. Not everyone watched Bambi and heard Thumper's wise words "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all." Hang in there lady....you can do it! I am giving you a goal of reviewing something-a restaurant, a store, or something we've never seen then taking a picture or writing about it. MMMM Kay? Love you! Montana and Idaho loves you!!!! Kimmy

    ReplyDelete