Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Going bald for barley

Have you ever had to take a drug test? Most of the time when you work for a very important company, you are required to take a drug test prior to being hired. In some cases they preform random drug tests after you are hired as well. I agree that these test should happen because I'd rather not have a meth-head in charge of my IRS forms.

I started working for a very important company again a few weeks ago. Because I've worked for AB before, I knew that a drug test was part of the hiring process. No big deal, I'm clean. No drug use for this gal! When I took my form to the testing facility I should have noticed the first warning sign right away...I was at a chiropractor's office. Hummm...adjustment? Yes! Cup to pee in? Sure! So I sat and waited for my turn. While observing the office atmosphere, I realized that my chair that was a tan color, was not manufactured tan. It was supposed to be white! YUCK!

My turn! Warning sign 2: the gal in charge of my drug test was the assistant to the chiropractor.

Into the little room we went. A little small talk about the job and then she brought out the scissors. I knew I was having a hair sample taken because that's what happened the first time. However, I was unprepared for what was going to happen.

"I hope I'm not hurting you." as she grabs some hair and starts to twist it.
"Not at all. You're fine."
"I just need to get this as tight as I can so I can cut close to the follicle."
"Ok"
"You ready?"
SNIP! SNIP! snip...snip...snip...snip...snip...snip!
Don't you think that's a lot of snips just for a small hair sample? That's what I thought. Then I saw it. The GIANT CHUNK of hair she cut off my head. I said with shock, that's a lot of hair you just cut off. She chuckled and said, I now had a bald spot. Fan-freakin-tastic!

I was and still am traumatized by this situation. It's not a small area and doesn't she know that my hair will grow back sticking straight out? Now I'm going to be a rooster for a few years until I can get this spot to grow long enough. For now, I'm lucky that my hair covers the area.



I'll let you know when I start getting my rooster tuft sticking out. I would have gladly peed in a cup, had blood drawn or any other process of drug testing. But because of the very important company's rules and regulations, I am now missing a chunk of hair.

Bummer man!



1 comment:

  1. Wow! You poor thing. It took me back to the days of my bad perm where I had spikeys! I would have said, hey man, you made me bald! At least you can cover it! The things we do for employement.
    Kimmy

    ReplyDelete