Tuesday, March 29, 2011

You know you’ve become an adult when….

You love buying grown-up things!

Our washer went out a week ago and I wasn’t too worried because Shayner had an extra one at the shop he had been using to wash his coveralls. The dryer worked just fine but I really couldn’t go long without the washer. With my BF working on a farm and the weather warming up, let’s just say the frozen cow pies aren’t frozen anymore and they have all melted into one giant pool o’ crap. Adding to the poo-covered clothes is my workout gear. I usually try to hit the gym twice a day three times a week then once the other 4 days. If you recall from a previous post my body loves to sweat. Thus, I usually have to do laundry mid week to have clean gym clothes. Do you see the importance of a washer in our house? Oh, don’t forget Said Sarah lives with us too and she has clothes to wash. Back to the story, Shayner and I were doing dishes and I was talking about how I would go and help him get the washer from the shop. Then it was like a dream coming from his mouth…. “Why don’t we just go get a new set?” WHAT!?! I dream about the fancy washer/dryers that are red and trendy. I couldn’t believe that he wanted to fork out some money for appliances.


***Side note I had this small but powerful voice in my head that said “don’t get the new washer and dryer. That will take away from the money you’re saving to buy my engagement ring. Selfish I know. Hey, I’m just being honest here! ***

The next day I set out to do research on affordable front load washers. I got some great suggestions from my folks and my boss knowing that they have lots of laundry in their houses as well. After talking with Shayne over lunch and telling him about the options I found, we settled with these babies: ( I know they aren't red but the red ones were an addition $600. White is just fine with me!)

The brand is Frigidaire and so far I really like them. I'm still trying all the options on the washer and it's been nice to have such a quiet machine. The washer has a "steam" option that I used on my down comforter and it seem so much cleaner after it was done drying. It's been nice having the new set and they have been put to the test multiple times and passed. Charlie and Dee love them too because they can watch the clothes spin and see their reflections too. Charlie loves to jump on top of them and climb inside the dryer when I'm done because it's so warm. He's so weird but special!

Here's a funny story: two days after purchasing these beauties, I went to look on the Lowe's website to answer a question I had. Well...to my surprise they were on sale! Each of them had been marked down by $200 or more. I was so mad! We had just bought them and now they were on sale. I told Shayne and he didn't seem pleased about the ordeal as well. After work we went over and talked to Lowe's about the situation. First they denied they were on sale then I pulled it up on my handy iPhone and showed those suckers what I was talking about. After some unnecessary calling of the customer service line and dealing with Shayne starting to melt down because it was taking so long, we finally got them to return the set then re-sell them to us at the sale price. It saved us a little over $400!!! I am so glad that I went on and found that sale because 400 bucks back is $400 towards the ring! That's right, I haven't forgotten about it.

I do love me some new appliances though!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT story friend! This has been one of my favorites so far!!!

    ReplyDelete