Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 24

Something you wish you could change

See this thing? Did you know at Montana State University their diplomas are color and on an 8x10 piece of paper? They are beautiful! Whereas my 5x7, black and white, $45,000 diploma doesn't really stand out in my office. The reason why I chose my degree as something I would change is because WHO GET'S A DEGREE IN EQUINE STUDIES? Don't be fooled by the part that says Bachelor of Science in Business. That's the only thing they could think of because really, WHO GET'S A DEGREE IN HORSES? If I could go back and get slapped around a bit, I'd choose to get a real degree in business or even agriculture. You know, something people would be interested in.

I am very glad my employers like me and hired me because I have a degree.

Another crap part? I have all that student loan debt. YUCK!


2 comments:

  1. This is a pretty sad looking expensive piece of paper...sorry friend! Mine has a blue and gold state seal in the middle of it too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you've forgotten that this wasn't just handed to you. You earned it by going to class, doing homework, taking tests, giving presentations, working jobs, paying bills, etc., etc., etc. That piece of paper is a thing of beauty to me... your proud mama.

    ReplyDelete