Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Progress report

So my friend won't stop bothering me to blog about how I'm doing on my list of goals for the summer. Nicole, this one's for you!

Here is my list:
1. Complete everything on this list NOT GOING SO WELL!
2. Read 5 books (for some of you, five is a small number but I'm not a reader, so this is a huge goal for me. I may need suggestions for summer reading) Only have one book down, but have started two others
3. Stick with the exercise program Some days I hate my life and exercising, but I'm staying on track
4. Go to the lake every weekend (this is weather pending and won't be too hard, I love the lake) I think I've gone about 5 times
5. Attend 3 Chuckers games Two down, better get the last one in soon
6. Ride my bike more often No comment
7. Golf Does thinking about it count?
8. RUN THE STINKIN' HALF MARATHON! 18 days to go!!
9. Love Shayne even if I never see him This one is having issues...
10. Spend some quality time with my BFF before she leaves the country Yep, we ran a race together and heading to a wedding this weekend
11. Get down two more sizes One down, one to go
12. Go hiking in the Tetons See previous post
13. Spend a Friday night with Shayne in the tractor while he's baling (even if there isn't room for two and I'm basically sitting with my butt out the side window)*Also note, this will involve learning everything about farming and tractors* Again, this one is under analysis
14. Play tennis I moved my racket the other day
15. Take piano lessons Signed up for them next month, but I'm going to have to cancel
16. Get back on a horse Going tomorrow

I may have not completed a lot of items on the list, but I have had many adventures. I've gone to the sand dunes and did some riding. Last weekend I went kayaking for the first time! We even hit some class 2 rapids. That might not seem big, but for a first timer who is slightly afraid of water, it was scary the first time. We paddled the 2 mile loop twice and I was more comfortable the second time. This summer has gone by so quickly and I know fall is in the air. I feel the temperature changing leaving me only to believe it maybe another long winter here in Idaho.

1 comment: