Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My mid-twenties crisis!

Life is often compared to a book and how the milestones can become a "new chapter" in your life. Obviously in my 26 years of existence, I have open and closed many chapters in my book. Three years ago, I took the plunge and moved to Idaho Falls for a job. That was the second time I packed myself up and moved to a new place. This time, I was going further away from my family and friends, just so I could start over. During this time that I've lived in Idaho Falls, I have learned so much about myself and how growing up is DUMB. I am responsible for my life and making sure I can pay bills and put food on my table. I have come to accept all these responsibilities minus the fact I hate, hate, hate student loans. In three years I have moved 5 times, lost my job, met new friends, started a better job, started adjusting to the LDS, became more adventurous, and still hate paying my student loans. Recently all these responsibilities are starting to piss me off! I want to forget about going to work every day and be able to sleep in. I want to go back to college, I didn't have to stress about all these "grown up" things. I was able to be with my friends and binge drink. (sorry mom!) My friends and I are now scattered across the world making it that much harder to visit them. We've all grown up and realized that drinking is a bad idea, bills are more important, and staying up past 10:30 pm is killing our work ethic. Why did we have to realize this? Can't we just have one month a year where we go away and not have to worry about anything? All I know, is I'd better get my stuff together because I am NOT IN COLLEGE anymore and my g.d. bills don't pay themselves. Come on 27....get here fast so I can get over my mid-twenties crisis!
Thank you for reading my venting session!
Have a nice day!

1 comment: