Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 40...40 days to go!

Sissy-poo is doing this spring challenge that is 50 days long. Hoping to support her, I decided to embark on this journey. Today is day 40 and it has been so challenging. Each day she posts a new goal that you must continue until the challenge is up. It's not about how much weight you'll lose it's about changing your life. Let me tell you, THIS HAS BEEN CHALLENGING. First let's jump back to Ash Wednesday. For Lent, it's suggested to give something up that will be challenging for you. So, with the encouragement from my friend D, I gave up ice cream. Friends, for me not eating ice cream is like walking around with 9 toes. I L-O-V-E that stuff. Jump forward to only having to wait 10 days until Easter, my mouth is watering thinking about ice cream. Due to this challenge, I now have to flush eating ice cream down the drain. Yesterday's challenge was to give up sugar. My heart skips a few beats (arrhythmia) when I think about not consuming the tooth rotting joy. Sugar runs in my blood, it's there with the oxygen providing me with basic life support. I tried to have oatmeal this morning, I know I couldn't put my brown sugar in it but when I reached for the craisins, it said in big bold letters CONTAINS: CRANBERRIES AND SUGAR. That's a no-go. Ugh! Needless to say, day one of no sugar isn't going well. It's not even over yet. If you really want to know, it seems like everything contains a vast amount of sugar in the ingredients. Going to Sam's Club at lunch didn't help because I walked by bulk packages of candy, then there was cake...I think the saying is true "you never know what you had until it's gone." Wait, that's about love not sugar. Oh well, for me sugar is love. I've tried to go without sugar before and lasted about two days. This time, I've got Sissy-poo and Sissy-poo's trainer watching me with hawk eyes so I better not pick up that Nutella.
On a positive note, I encourage you to all check out my sister's blog. It's very inspirational and this challenge is tough but good for your soul.
Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment