Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sissy-poo, a desert and electrolytes!

So my little sister (sissy-poo) is graduating from college in May. We are all so proud of her. It's taken her about 9 years to get her piece of paper, just kidding actually less time than it took me. That's besides the point. Well she told mamma she wanted to take a trip for her graduation present. I heard this and thought what a fun idea. Well I was the chosen one to be her partner in crime during the trip. Let me just tell you that sissy-poo isn't the cruise, lay on the beach, type of person so I knew Hawaii was out of the picture. I asked her where she wanted to go and this is what she said:
I want to go mountain biking in Moab!
That's crazy making if you ask me! I'm no mountain biker but I think it'd be something different to try. I might make it one mile then die a bit but it's worth a try. Also, I am so so so afraid of bears that it has limited my camping trips but I know there shouldn't be any bears in this desert!
We have now started planning our trip. So far we've got our tent space at a camp ground reserved (thank you roommate) and I just booked us a full day rafting trip on the Colorado River. We'll be gone for a week but only in Arches for 3 days because it basically takes a day to drive down. I'm actually looking forward to this trip. Roughing it, going without a shower, drinking lots of water, eating PB&J's all the time and sleeping in a tent in the desert. I'll be fully prepared because I'll have my SAR gear just (that includes an amazing GPS) so if we get lost...we can find our way out. Now I just need to start thinking about packing light and having the correct shoes.

Yay for sissy-poo graduating and yay for us taking on a big adventure!


2 comments:

  1. That's gonna be AAAAMAZING! What a great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks gorgeous!! I bet you'll have fun. I too am scared of bears, but we have to worry more about coyotes, because bears aren't really seen much in texas.. if any at all?

    ReplyDelete