Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Do pigs really sweat?

Here's a funny story. Last night I was working out, getting my burn on. Sweating like a pig, hot as baked potato and down right exhausted. TT (Trainer T) had a master plan last night for D and I to pump some serious iron. I often find myself laughing when I attempt to lift weights because of various distractions. Example: One man was taking his lifting very seriously but was wearing slip on Ked shoes, circa 1990! Yep, I took one look at those suckers and started laughing. Laughter=Weakness Another time this man was talking about how he didn't need to work on his abs because he had good genetics. Sorry to say, I burst out laughing and had to walk away. Don't worry, I mostly laugh at myself when I'm trying to focus on lifting my 15 pound weights over my head. It's really funny when I grunt and it's only 30 pounds. Okay, back on track. Sorry for that tangent. So last night we were working on our gluts (BUTT) doing this hip thrust move. It's okay if you just went there when I said hip thrust because I always giggle (yup I'm 27). There we were, shoulders on the bench 60 pounds on our lap, thrusting our hips up while burning our asses off. That's how I felt anyways. Second set, people had started to gather near a studio door for a class that would start in a few minutes. Here comes the greatest part of the entire workout...the second set of glut burning seemed a lot more challenging so extreme concentration was a must. Half way through my set, the concentration was gone because I realized I was grunting while thrusting. Yep! I honestly burst out laughing because heaven forbid anyone heard me. So there is my funny story, Celeste hip thrusting and grunting at the gym. It's amazing that I even continue showing my face at that place.
Happy Tuesday!

If you must know pigs don't actually sweat. People think pigs are a dirty animal because they roll in mud but that helps them cool off. Due to the reference that a pig is dirty, the saying "sweating like a pig" basically means that you are a dirty dirty sweater.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I sing along with the music during a really great bike ride. There. I said it. I sing while I bike ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL friend, you crack me up!!!

    ReplyDelete