Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Progression or regression?

This journey of weight loss/self-awareness has been interesting to say the least. I never thought I'd be one who counted calories and made sure I have a specific calorie burn each day. People could call this a success story because I have accomplished so much in the past 5 months. Overall, the hardest thing I am still trying to conquer is running. My best friend is leaving in September to teach in Saudi Arabia for 20 months, and it was her idea to participate in a half marathon on July 11th. I have had months to train and each week I tell her I quit and I'm not going to run. I haven't quit yet, but after this past Sunday, I'm ready to put this off until next year. Who would have thought that running 7 miles would seem like an eternity? I gave myself two hours to run it because I'm so slow, but I was able to finish it in an hour and a half. Don't be fooled though because there is no chance that I could run the entire time. I believe at mile 1 I texted Shayne telling him it wasn't going well and my legs and butt hurt really bad. No response...thanks boyfriend! I am just going to tell myself that's his support towards me to push through the pain and get the job done. Seven miles down, next week 8! Lord give me strength!
Now comes my slap in the face...I complain and complain about how terrible it was to "run" for 1.5 hours, yet there are other things that would be worse. The "run" is over, I'm alive, time to get over it!

Other great news, today is my 6th week of Ultimate Loser and I officially have 3 more pounds to shed before hitting the big 30 pound mark!!! YAHOO! I have not lost that much during Ultimate Loser, but it has given me the push I need to hit my mark. How amazing that I have been able to stay motivated and keep up this great pace. I have 30 more pounds to lose to be my goal weight and it actually seems possible now. As always, I'll keep everyone posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment