Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sweet tooth

It's no surprise to most of you that I love ice cream. I think that it's one of the top man-made items that I honestly could come in consume every day. Along with ice cream, I enjoy a lot of various treats that keep my blood sugar high and my sweet tooth satisfied. During my weight loss journey I have never given up ice cream because I believe I can be healthy and still deserve a treat once in a while. The key term is MODERATION! Everything in moderation, including ice cream. It seems like I fell off the wagon after I couldn't run my half marathon. It was like I lost hope in myself that I could accomplish my goals. It's been a tough few months that have induced my need to self medicate with food. I was now eating multiple treats a day including sucking down a few sodas here and there, in the process, I must have forgotten to work out. I'm starting to feel the side effects that my lust for sugar has created. I know I've gained weight, but I am afraid to get on the scale. My dedication to the gym and running has left the building and I'm so lethargic from sitting on my butt all day. This must stop! I have an addiction that I need to get rid of! So, I personally dubbed October my start over month. On October 1, I quit sweets cold turkey. No cookies, ice cream, soda, candy, etc. I got back in the game going to the gym and trying to eat right. Today is October 6th and I feel like it's been 18,000 days sense I've given up the "treat." I have almost broken down multiple times, but have reminded myself that I'm not going to dye if I go 31 days without sugar. It's not like I'm starving. The hardest times for me are mid afternoon and evenings when I'm home alone. I have turned right back to eating when I'm bored. I'm hoping by the end of this week, the cravings are smaller and more manageable. My goal is to get these extra 20 pounds off before January 1st. This is only step one....
P.S. I'm chewing a lot of gum.

1 comment:

  1. I too am ashamed of how I did so awesome and then fell off the wagon....keep going, we just need to dust ourselves off and step by step make better choices. I am with ya, I have a white dress that is calling my name..in a smaller size

    ReplyDelete